Croydon Athletics Academy Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for Athletes
As a member of Croydon Athletics Academy, athletes are expected to abide by the following athlete code of practice. Athletes are expected to:
· Be friendly and welcoming to athletes, particularly to new members.
· Behave and listen to all instructions from the coaches.
· Take care of equipment owned by the club.
· Show respect to other athletes, coaches and officials.
· Make coaches aware of any injuries as soon as possible.
· Report inappropriate behaviour.
· Make the club a fun place to be.
Athletes have a right to:
· Be safe and happy in their chosen activity.
· Participate on an equal basis, appropriate to their ability.
· Experience competition and the desire to win.
Codes of conduct for Parents/Guardians
Parent/ Guardian support is vital to ensuring your child gets the most out of Croydon athletics Academy sessions. Parents/Guardians are expected to:
• Deliver and collect the child punctually to and from coaching sessions.
• Inform coaches of their child’s current injuries or medical conditions prior to sessions
• Ensure their child is properly and adequately attired for the weather conditions of the time E.g. warm and waterproof clothing during the winter for in between activities
• Promote their child’s participation in playing sport for fun.
Parents/Guardians have the right to:
• Know their child is safe.
• Be informed of problems or concerns relating to their children.
• Be informed if their child is injured during a Croydon Athletics Academy session.